Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Dedicated 5 Monther!



This post has a two-fold purpose. First, Beckett is 5 months old today! I can't believe I'm typing that. Not just because these 5 months have absolutely FLOWN by, but also because I was determined to make him stay a little baby for a long time! Now, I know he's still little, but my plan...it's just not working! Any tips, anyone???


Okay, there are a few things he's loving this month:

  • Watching us eat (yes, I think he's getting ready!)
  • Playing with toys...everything goes STRAIGHT to the mouth! He has gotten so good at holding them!
  • Watching his big sister...he just cracks up at her. There aren't many times he laughs harder than when she is up in his face laughing!
  • The new swing in the backyard (actually Taylor's)

One thing he's not liking so much is his new tooth! While he is normally the happiest baby, once that tooth popped through he has been quite a bit fussier than his norm. He's been waking up more too!


Did I mention he has the longest eyelashes ever!




The second reason for this post is that Beckett Cole was dedicated at church on Sunday morning. Every time I dedicate a child I feel like Hannah who dedicated Samuel to the Lord in 1 Samuel.

"As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.
And he worshiped the LORD there."

There is something so special about dedicating your child to the Lord, knowing that the whole church not only stands behind you, but is also willing to step up to the front lines and shepherd and instruct our children. I absolutely love having a community of believers come alongside us to help us in one of the greatest blessings and most trying (at times). It is such an encouragement to my heart. Here are some pictures from the dedication: (the B's are above: Aunt B and Beckett)



My fam...






2 comments:

  1. How ridiculous am I? I scrolled through all the pictures in this post, got to the bottom one and my eyes got watery! Why? Because I love your family so much!! Seeing the bottom one with you and Allen and the kids...love for your family washed over me! You are greatly loved by these Hendricks!!

    So proud of you. What a blessing it is to watch your family grow.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved watching Beckett get dedicated on Sunday. The whole idea of dedicating a baby sounds pretty sweet. Despite all my reasons NOT to have a baby, the whole baby dedication thing is one pretty strong advantage. I mean, it pretty much is the coolest thing ever to show off your baby in front of the church :)

    Thank you for showing me the upside of being a parent. I love yall!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...