Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Hunny!



Happy 27th Birthday, Sweetheart!

This is the 7th birthday we've celebrated together and I can still vividly remember your 20th birthday and each one after that. I baked a cake and brought it to your dorm room. You told me you liked that cream cheese icing so I made a cake with that stuff. Some other girl made you a cake too (now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure it was Cassandra who is such a great friend of mine now!). Back then, I just thought, "Aww, man. I'm not the only one in love with this guy." But you told me mine was better and you asked me on a date shortly after.

I'm so blessed to be making memories with you everyday of my life. No other girl gets to say that (except Taylor Joy, now. And she thinks today is her birthday or at least that she gets a cake!)

I'm absolutely blessed to watch you grow in the Lord day by day and year by year. To see what he's teaching you and to see it followed through in our family. You teach us so well. You lead us with confidence and give me much peace and contentment with your leadership. What an amazing shepherd you are to our family and so many others in our church and community.

You are more than I could have ever imagined in a husband, father, best friend, leader, shepherd and lover. I love you OH-SO-MUCH, hubby of mine!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Happy Birthday Allen! Aren't those of us with January bdays the coolest?! (Mine is the 9th and Brody's is the 19th)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WARM FUZZIES!!!!

    -Trey

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...