Sunday, November 15, 2009

What's the Scoop?

So...what's going on with us, what have I been crafting, how are we doing, what about New Life, what's the scoop?

Things are going well, we are blessed by our sweet family of five and praising the Lord each day with thanksgiving each day this month of November.

We have the Duty Tree of Thanks, which is posted in our dining room (on the craft closet door, hence the skinniness of our tree) and each night at the dinner table we go around and say one thing we are thankful for from that particular day. Each person has a different paper design and so we know who was thankful for each thing on the tree. We have had lots of sweet ones, hilarious ones and silly ones (with an almost two-year-old what can you expect?). Another friend of mine also does this but with real twigs...very cool!



A sampling of thankful leaves would be: for flowers, sparkly pumpkins, God's grace in my studies, evidence of God's grace in my life, sweet friendships, Diego, Word Girl, Mr. Don and Mrs. Kelli, the Kinnard's, Asher and "Kayne", new life, long showers, and lots that include thanks for each other.

My friend Ashley had the idea to keep the leaves and make placemats out of them to use during November next year. I think it's a great idea to remember the things God blessed us with the year before. I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm thinking scrapbook paper and a laminating machine and we should be good to go. I think I'll include some pictures and handprints on the back as well.

We went to Dallas a couple weekends ago to celebrate with my cousin Greg as he got married to Megan. It was wonderful to see so many family members that we hadn't seen in ages. Most out-of-state family hadn't even met Beckett yet, so it was a pretty exciting weekend to meet both our boys.






As far as crafts, I made Taylor Joy's ballerina tutu, which was so simplistic, even the most un-crafty person could partake. Here is the tutorial I used. I also tied a big bow in the back and sewed fabric flowers on the ends of the skirt all around, hot gluing rhinestones in the middle.




I've been working on Advent stuff (I'll post about soon) and a baby prayer book that I am designing in Photoshop that I want to make available as well. But as for now, that's about it. I've got lots of traditions/holiday ideas and I want to hear yours as well. So, let me know yours and maybe I'll post some along with the ones we are doing or have thought of or heard of.

New Life is going through the Sermon on the Mount = compelling and convicting!
Here's a link to the sermons: Righteousness Redefined

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture of Taylor Joy in pink and b/w! Love it. A lot. What church was the wedding at, the church looks beautiful!

    Love your thankful tree, and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your ideas! You inspire me to be crafty! I'm not naturally crafty but after reading your blog I have a desire to make something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you're doing for Advent! I'm looking for some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...