Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week of Blessings

Sometimes I look at our week of events and I have a tendency to feel overwhelmed, the last thing I feel is thankfulness. It doesn't help that I forget what we are doing until 30 minutes before we are supposed to do it, Allen reminding me and then me feeling frustrated because it wasn't in my mental schedule or plan. So...I am removing complaints, ungratefulness and unpreparedness by making a cute reminder board. Check it out:


I have seen this one where she lists things that she is thankful for. Love it!

My friend, Chelsea, made this one very similarly with her weekly menu.

All brilliant ideas and fun to make too!

Here were my steps:

1. Buy a super-cheap (40%) frame at Hobby Lobby. I think mine was $2.50. Also pickup some burlap, fabric to match decor and epoxy brads (scrapbooking aisle). Pick up some coordinating acrylic paint while you are there, too.

2. Paint and distress.

3. Write your words with a dry-erase marker on the right side, flip over and paint backwards. If you aren't very good with a paintbrush, you can try paint pens or just go with stickers on the right side, like one of the above examples. The advantage to having it on the wrong side of the glass is that you won't have to worry about writing on it or wiping it when it's all said and done.

4. Cut two pieces of burlap the size of your frame to stick behind the glass. Two layers will make it less see-through. Close up the frame.

5. Embellish as you wish. I made some fabric flowers and simple layered flowers, like these, but you could buy embellishments or decorate it as your heart pleases.

Since creating this, I have been forced to remember that each day, each activity, each commitment is a blessing from God! Truly, it is! This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of putting burlap in mine. how is that? also i do put a holiday napkin behind the glass for special occasions. I've done these for message boards for babysitters too. work fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...