Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Easy Man!





Easton Brooks,

When I think about you and about how much you mean to me, I can't help but tear up. You are so special. I know for a fact that God created you that way and it's not just my subjective opinion. God has made it so clear.

He's made it a point to use you in so many ways, especially in my life. He seriously made you a huge comfort to me when I was going through some of the hardest times in the beginning of church planting. He used your literal snuggles, kisses and hugs to comfort me on such hard days. I have soaked in those moments because they felt like the hand of God on me loving me through you. I can't help but think how amazing His grace has been to me, made evident through you.

Although you haven't been near as cuddly lately, I still take advantage of moments here and there to steal a kiss, a hug or a cuddle. Those mean so much to me since you are the baby around here. I am doing all I can to keep you so little. Paci? Sure! Blankie? Of course! Crib? A must! Walking around in a diaper? Love it! We are doing things so differently and I am enjoying it much more. ;)

I'm sad at the thought of you being 2, mainly because I have enjoyed your littleness so much and that seems too big. But you are still so little and I will continue to enjoy your sweet, passionate words...they way you string words together in such a funny way...your excitement over the little things...our fun times in the treehouse...I am treasuring all these things in my heart so as to never forget them. I know more memories are yet to come but I won't let go of these. They are precious to me, just as you are.

I love you so much, Easton, and I will continue to sing your hymn over you as long as you will let me.


Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as You choose.

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is Thine own
it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord I pour
at Your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.


Praying these beautiful words over your precious life.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Brittney9:40 AM

    Sweet, sweet Easton. Happy Birthday from Aunt B:)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...